Become a paid call firefighter
The District requirements are:
- Reside in the district
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a valid driver’s license with current insurance and a clean DMV record
- Pass a background check and drug test
Paid call firefighters are issued a check once a quarter which is based on the number of calls and drills attended. We have drills on the first, fourth and fifth (when available) Thursday of every month. Drills are normally held at Station 1 starting at 7:00 p.m. and lasting approximately three hours.
Fire Fighter 1 Internship Program
The Firefighter intern program provides an opportunity for advanced fire service training and response experience to qualified individuals that are seeking a career in the Fire or EMS field. California OSFM requires all FF1 candidates to be a volunteer for one year or full time for six months. Interns can meet this requirement with six months of full time internship.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Possess a valid California driver's license and clean driving record
- Successfully completed an accredited Firefighter 1 academy
- Pass a Linda Fire Protection District background and pre-employment physical
- Ability to work a scheduled shift
Interns will be required to work on a scheduled shift (A,B,C shift) for a total of six months to achieve the needed hours to complete the FF1 requirements. While on duty, the FF1 intern will respond to calls for service with their assigned company. At all times, the FF1 intern will be under the direct supervision of Linda Fire Protection District personnel. In addition to incident responses, each FF1 intern will perform house duties, station and equipment maintenance, and other duties as assigned.