The Linda Fireman's Association was formed in January of 1951. The Association has grown from a social club to a strong local charitable organization. The Association's stated objective is the promotion and protection of the best interests of the firefighters and their families, the Yuba-Sutter community and the Linda Fire Protection District. Association membership is composed of active members of the Linda Fire Protection District, retired LFPD members and the Fire Commissioners.
Meetings are held on the third Thursday of every month beginning at 8:00p.m. at Station 1.
We have two main fundraisers:
- Fireworks sales in July (in the Popeye's parking lot by Walmart)
- Christmas tree sales in December (at Station 1).
The proceeds from these events are used for charity donations throughout the year.
Over the years, the association has donated to:
- School programs such as sports teams, bands, Shady Creek trips, FFA and many more at our local elementary, middle and high schools.
- Community and charity organizations such as the Cancer Society, Foster care, Shriners, T.I.P., Firefighters Burn Institute, little league and many others both local and national.
- Individual Students for sports teams, field trips and other fundraisers.
Requests for donations are best made in person at the monthly meetings.